Majority of Filipinos have brown to light brown skin, and while many people embrace their natural skin color, some want to lighten their skin tone.
If you would like to achieve rosy, white skin, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Tip #1: Apply Sunscreen Every Day
To keep your skin fair, make sure to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher each day. Moreover, make sure to choose a sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection and that is water resistant to get the best results. Apply sunscreen thoroughly whether you are planning on spending time outside or not. Remember, going outside without sunscreen, even just for a few minutes a day, eventually adds up! your skin won’t stay as fair and white as you like unless you keep it well-protected at all times. Bonus
Tip: If you plan to spend some time out in the sun, make sure to reapply your sunscreen several times throughout the day to keep your skin protected. If you are swimming, make sure to reapply your sunscreen every time you get out of the water. Make sure to reapply sunscreen when you are sweating heavily too!
Tip #2: Limit Your Sunlight Exposure
If you want to achieve and maintain rosy, white skin, try to limit your exposure to sunlight. If possible, stay indoors between 10 AM and 2 PM when the sun’s rays are the strongest and most damaging. Before going out, make sure to apply sunscreen and reapply whenever necessary. When you are staying outdoors, make sure to stay in shady areas and wear protecting clothing such as lightweight long-sleeved shirts for additional protection.
Bonus Tip: Be extra careful if you plan to be around water or sand since they reflect the sun’s rays and can increase your exposure.
Tip #3: Exercise Regularly
Exercising regularly isn’t just good for your overall health – it can help you achieve a rosy, white complexion too! Exercising regularly can keep your skin looking fresh and healthy by increasing blood flow. The increased blood flow carries oxygen to your skin cells, thus, nourishing them and taking away free radicals and other cellular debris. Not a fan of going to the gym? Don’t worry! There are countless exercises that you can do at home or in your own neighborhood. Try running or walking around your neighborhood, or use a stationary bike or elliptical machine at home to work up a sweat.
Tip #4: Wash and Exfoliate Regularly
To keep your skin looking fresh and light, make sure to use a mild cleanser twice every day – both in the morning and before going to bed. Also, make sure to exfoliate gently a few times each week to remove dead skin cells that are often dark and damaged, revealing a rosy and brightened complexion.
Bonus Tip: Make sure to exfoliate gently! Exfoliating too vigorously can cause irritated, red skin.
Tip #5: Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated isn’t just good for your overall health – it can keep your skin looking healthy and bright too! Experts recommend drinking at least six to eight glasses of water each day to keep your skin looking supple and fresh. Staying hydrated can also help your skin rejuvenate faster, keeping the top layers of your skin brighter and lighter.
Tip #6: Stop Smoking
Smoking is a very unhealthy habit – one that is bad, not just for your overall health, but it can be damaging to your skin too! Over time, cigarette smoke can cause wrinkles and fine lines, and it can make your skin look tired and dull. Moreover, smoking prevents blood from flowing properly to the face area, which can give your skin a greyish complexion. Quitting smoking can brighten up your skin tone and help you achieve a fairer complexion.
Tip #7: Use Natural Skin Lighteners
There are numerous natural products that you can use as a skin lightener. Here are some natural skin lighteners that you should consider:
- Water and Lemon Juice. Get a small cosmetic spray bottle and mix four parts water with one part fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Wash your face first, then spray the water and lemon juice mixture over your skin. The acidity of the lemon juice can naturally lighten your skin pigment. Note: It may take several weeks to notice any difference in your skin.
- Papaya. Peel away the papaya skin, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, and slice it into small chunks. Throw the chunks into a blender and blend the papaya into a smooth paste. Then, apply the blended papaya to your skin. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, then rinse it away with warm water. Papaya nourishes your skin with its high concentration of vitamin C, which can help lighten the skin over time.
Tip #8: Use Skin-Lightening Products
Today, there are numerous skin-lightening products available in the market. With literally thousands of options, choosing the best one for your skin-lightening needs can be overwhelming. However, if you are looking for a high-quality product that can help you achieve fairer skin, while also helping you lose weight, we encourage you to try Reijin Glutathione!
Reijin Glutathione is a new breakthrough product in the skin-lightening and body slimming industry. It is composed of all-natural ingredients, including glutathione, green tea extract, coenzyme Q10, garcinia cambogia, and vitamin C as sodium ascorbate. It is a high-quality, 2-in-1 product that offers both skin lightening and body slimming effects!
Reijin Glutathione is composed of all-natural ingredients, each with its own benefits.
- Glutathione. While it is typically found in soaps, lotions, and in the form of supplements, glutathione is actually a naturally-occurring substance in the body. It is also a natural detoxifier found in many fruits and vegetables. Glutathione offers numerous skin benefits. It improves skin elasticity and hydration, and it can enhance the health of skin cells, which results in a more glowing, radiant appearance. Glutathione also lightens the skin by lessening tyrosinase (an enzyme that aids melanin production) activity and changing the production of eumelanin (black-brown in color) to pheomelanin (yellow-red in color) – pheomelanin is normally linked with a lighter skin color.
- Green Tea Extract. Green tea extract is used as a natural ingredient in various products, including creams, moisturizers, lotions, sunscreens, and even supplements such as Reijin Glutathione. But, how effective is it as a skin-lightening agent? Studies show that whether it is taken as a supplement or applied to the skin, green tea extract can help improve skin health. Green tea is also packed with Vitamins B2 and E, both of which are essential for skin health maintenance. Vitamin B2 plays a crucial role in preserving collagen levels to maintain skin firmness and a youthful skin structure. Vitamin E supports the production of new skin cells and it also provides hydration for soft, nourished skin.
- Coenzyme Q10. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a naturally-occurring enzyme that is produced in the body. It is involved in various biological functions and is found in every cell and tissue. It offers numerous health benefits, and has been shown to aid in weight loss. CoQ10 also plays a crucial role in your skin’s health. It can help you achieve fairer, younger-looking, and brighter skin. Taking CoQ10 supplements, such as Reijin Glutathione, can help protect the skin from the damage caused by internal and external factors (e.g. stress, sun exposure). It protects the skin by promoting antioxidant protection and increasing the energy production in skin cells. CoQ10 also blocks tyrosinase production. This means that CoQ10 can help prevent and fade dark spots, helping you achieve a fairer, more even skin tone.
- Garcinia Cambogia. Garcinia cambogia, one of the all-natural ingredients found in Reijin Glutathione, is a tropical fruit that is popularly marketed as a weight-loss supplement. A comprehensive review shows that garcinia cambogia does promote weight loss; however, results vary widely. Some studies yielded amazing weight loss results, while others showed that it had little to no effect.
- Vitamin C as Sodium Ascorbate. Naturally found in certain foods, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is also available as a supplement. It is also used as a natural ingredient in different products including lotions, creams, and supplements like Reijin Glutathione. Sodium ascorbate, a more bioavailable form of vitamin C, is one of the many mineral salts of vitamin C. Vitamin C offers both weight loss and skin lightening benefits. One study shows that insufficient vitamin C levels in the bloodstream is associated with increased body fat. Moreover, vitamin C has been shown to prevent the production of melanin. This can help fade sun spots and age spots, resulting in a fairer, more even-toned complexion.
The Bottom Line
Even for Filipinos with naturally darker skin tones, achieving a rosy, white complexion doesn’t have to be difficult!
Applying sunscreen every day, limiting your exposure to sunlight, washing and exfoliating regularly, staying hydrated, quitting smoking, using natural skin lighteners, and using skin-lightening products like Reijin Glutathione can help you achieve a fairer, younger-looking, and more even-toned complexion!