For many people, dark underarms can be very embarrassing. Dark underarms can prevent some people from dressing in sleeveless tops and dresses, participating in sports, and wearing bathing suits in public. Like discoloration and skin blemishes on other parts of the body, dark underarms can result in a lack of self-esteem and confidence.
Fortunately, dark underarms can be partially reduced or totally eliminated by choosing the right underarm whitening product.
If dark underarms are giving you problems, here’s everything you should know about the problem, along with some information about Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream – one of the best underarm whitening products in the market today.
What is Underarm Darkening?
When the skin in the underarms doesn’t have the same shade as the skin in the rest of the body, the condition is known as the darkening of the underarms. Common factors that increase the likelihood of developing underarm darkening are family history, race, and health.
Generally, dark underarms are not a cause for concerns. In fact, many other body areas including the back of the neck, elbows, knees, and groin may also turn dark over time. However, a certain skin condition known as acanthosis nigricans (AN) may also cause underarm discoloration by making the skin thicker and folded in the area.
In such cases, you have to consult your doctor for the most suitable treatment options. According to a report, acanthosis nigricans is experienced by anywhere from 7% – 74% of people around the world. Those with darker skin tones are more prone to develop it compared to those with lighter skin tones.
What Causes Underarm Darkening?
Anything that stimulates the production of melanin in the underarm skin can end up making it darker. Some of the most common reasons behind underarm darkening include:
- Antiperspirants and deodorants (chemical irritants)
- Frequent shaving
- Dead skin cell accumulation
- Irritation and friction caused by tight clothes or sagging skin
- Hormonal imbalances due to certain medications
- Erythrasma (bacterial infection)
- Acanthosis nigricans (often a sign of obesity, diabetes, or abnormal hormone levels)
- Hyperpigmentation (increased melanin)
- Smoker’s melanosis (hyperpigmentation caused by smoking)
How to Prevent Underarm Darkening
As they say, ‘prevention is always better than cure’.
So, if you haven’t developed dark underarms yet, try to prevent from getting it in the future. There are more than a few simple ways that you can prevent underarm darkening.
- Avoid shaving as much as possible. Rather, try other hair removal methods, such as waxing or laser treatment. These will remove hair strands from their roots, thus lowering the frequency of hair removal and reducing underarm darkening significantly.
- Keep your underarms clean by removing oil, grime, and dirt regularly. However, make sure that you don’t use soaps with harsh chemicals as those will cause underarm darkening.
- Change your brand of antiperspirant/deodorant. Some people switch to natural alternatives, such as apple cider vinegar or baking soda. Some people even stop using deodorant altogether.
- Wear breathable, loose-fitting clothes rather than tight outfits.
- Regularly exfoliate your underarms to keep them free from dead skin cells. For the best results, exfoliating at least three times a week is recommended.
- Stop smoking.
Choosing Underarm Whitening Products
Today, the market is full of synthetic skin bleaching products that claim to whiten, brighten, and lighten the underarms effectively. However, the long-term use of a chemical-laden product is not recommended. Thus, you have to carefully go through the list of ingredients used in a product or consult your dermatologist before choosing the right solution for your dark armpits.
Try to pick something that is composed of natural bleaching ingredients and not more than 2% hydroquinone. Moreover, be extra careful about choosing underarm skin whitening products, especially if you have sensitive skin.
So, what’s a reliable product intended for underarm whitening? One of the best underarm whitening products in the market today is Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream.
Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream
Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream is an FDA-approved and HALAL and ISO certified whitening cream. It is used to avoid sweating, underarm odor, armpit blackening, irritation, and stretchmarks.
Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream contains the distinct patented ingredient Cerawhite in combination with Glycosyl Trehalose, Tranexamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, and many more to effectively moisturize, nourish, whiten underarms and dark spots. It contains Cerawhite®, a patented ingredient, that is proven to moisturize and whiten your skin. Together with other ingredients, it inhibits melanin production and maintains elasticity of your skin.
Directions for Use
How do you use Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream?
- For underarms: After cleansing in the morning, evenly apply an appropriate amount on the skin. Gently massage until absorbed. Once absorbed, you can apply your usual antiperspirant or deodorant.
- For elbows, knees, groin, and other areas: After cleansing, evenly apply an appropriate amount on the skin. Gently massage until absorbed. It is recommended for use every morning and evening.
- After hair removal: After cleansing in the evening, evenly apply an appropriate amount on the skin. Gently massage until absorbed. Let it stay overnight. Use more after hair removal.
Continue using Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream for two weeks to one month to see desired results.
Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream Reviews
Discover what people have to say about Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream.
“3 days pa lang akong gumagamit ng Shantahl Underarm, pansin ko agad na may peeling effect and dry lang all day ang kili kili ko. Tapos ang bango bango niya pa, ang ganda ng product!” – Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream User
“Okay siya, nagbabalat. Maganda ito kasi natatanggal mga dead skin niya.” – Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream User
“Okay naman yung product, mabango siya. Sa gabi lang ako nakakagamit hindi ko na maalala sa umaga pagpasok ko. Nakita ko naman na nagfade po yung kili kili ko.” – Shantahl Underarm and Dark Spots Whitening Cream User
“Effective nga siya. Sa tuhod ko siya ginamit, ilang days pa lang nag fade na hindi na masyadong maitim.” – N Dhay Flor
“Ang ganda ng Shantal wala pang 1 week kita na yung results. Super worth it. Tapos di na ako nag dedeo yung nalang sobrang galling ng effects.” – Naisaj Lopez Garcia
“Ang galling nga 3 days palang ang puti na agad ng kilikili ko.” – Renessa Paleracio